Not again! (Updated continually today)

Updated:

And: Oh and we have left a long message (see below) to the water board in question, on dustbins at our entrance in plain sight and on our door, not to enter and do anything on our private land because they have not followed procedure. Indeed, maybe they hoped we wouldn't find their ad hoc note so they could suddenly appear in the morning to give us another shock. As if we haven't had enough of those over the last couple of months!

They are at it again. First, someone lies about being my social worker. I don't have one, never have had one. They set the police off to descend on my mother and myself watching tennis together on the basis of this phantom social worker. This was later backed up by the fire service with whom we corresponded that it was 'a' social worker, who repeats the same typo in my name and couldn't even provide my contact details e.g. phone number to the fire service while booking a fire safety visit for my address on my behalf, without my consent. What was the problem? I'm still not clear, the police merely said my social worker couldn't contact me (well, that's because the person never does have any contact with me because they don't know me and are not my social worker or anything else!🙄) and something about not being seen. By whom? Where? When? Me or both of us? We saw each other and since we live together that's all that's needed! Neither of us alerted the police. And it's up to the designated member of a family to do so not anyone else! In our case, each other! Then I receive the bossy letter from social care which isn't even in my particular area! Which also informs me the fire service will roll up without my/our consent! Not allowed! But before all this we have the water board descending on us out -of- the -blue mid Saturday, May 14th. This was preceeded by the council, yet again, ignoring the 'do not enter or knock' signs to bang on our door. Apparently, we were upsetting neighbours because we had sewage in the front garden. This sweeping statement was without any evidence. True, something was occasionally giving off a smell but we couldn't quite tell why because nothing was wrong indoors, the toilet and sinks were working fine. Had there been a problem we'd know about it and pressed for home emergency. It started when we threw out rain water from small containers in our front garden. We'd done this for years with no problem.

Anyway, the water company just barged onto our property several weeks later, May 14, (when we were already looking at products to solve the situation and indeed they had started to work: we were concerned for our wildlife) without our consent, explanation or consultation, damaging it as they went, but spent most of their time cleaning the drain in the street diagonally opposite. There had been loads of work being done on properties near us during the pandemic so no surprise it was not functioning properly especially since people have a habit of sweeping stuff off the street into that drain. 

Well, last night, (7th Sept) gone 9 pm, my 24/7 camera tells me, someone pinned an ad hoc notice, presumably from the water board, but it could be a bogus call because who turns up at that hour, that they would start work this morning. Again, no due warning with at least 7-14 days lead in, no consultation, no discussion, no clear information what they intend doing and why, and no consent! They had just cleared the drains in May, just over 3 months ago! This is getting beyond unacceptable since due procedures are not being followed, this is harassment, as far as we are concerned! Everything is fine indoors and outdoors! There's also a lovely fresh scent in our gardens as has always been the case but for this very strange blip this April/early May. And, given its been raining heavily, very dry!! No puddles! I've just taken photos in my front garden!🙂

Here's the shoddy notice just taped to my door, scribbled on to try to override the 7 days and any consultation prior to any assessment, investigation and work carried out, and without agreeing a day/time. He can't even spell the name of the road! 



And here's my reply, typed, printed and taped outside!


Thames Water: 


The landowner/ homeowner/ residents at this property have not reported, or been involved in, a drain blockage report for this street and property. There is no water or waste emergency at this property and we have not been experiencing water or waste issues at home this year (or previously). 


Please do not enter this private land 8th September 2022. Thames Water is, once again, acting 'ultra vires' ie. acting beyond your powers by abuse of the Water Industry Act 1991. You are not exercising your statutory powers for entering private land in a reasonable and proportionate way. You are also not complying with Thames Waters' policy for entering private land, as stated above, quoted from the Thames Water downloadable PDF booklet. 


This is the second time you are entering my (not council owned) private land that I own and you are doing so without consent and without due warning for a non-emergency, which is harassment and is being treated and reported as such:


  1. May 14th 2022, 3pm-5:45pm with no prior notice and Thames Water damaged garden property unnecessarily.

  2. Now 8th September 2022, after suddenly sticking up an ad hoc notice after dark, less than 12 hours before morning, with no prior consultation and crossing off any mention of advanced warning by hand. 


I have dated photographic and video CCTV footage evidence for both months to support my case. Security devices around the property will continue to gather evidence today if you enter this private land/property. 




Comments